Date(s) - 15/03/2018
8:30 am - 11:00 am
Add to your calendar: iCal
Scotland is looking beyond Brexit by opening its sights to the world and is actively seeking foreign investment into the real estate sector. The economic landscape is fertile: with a growing economy a highly skilled workforce, the Scottish Government is investing massively in infrastructure, with £4 bn earmarked for implementation in 2018/9 alone.
Opportunities are to be found across sectors including offices, logistics and retail. One notable growth sector is hotels/hospitality (infrastructure), as tourism in Scotland increased 15% last year, with over 14m people, mainly from Europe, visiting in 2017. Scotland’s world-class universities continue to attract large numbers of foreign students, so student housing poses a strong investment. The residential market is being pushed up the agenda as the shortage of housing, especially affordable housing, is becoming apparent.
Come to this time-efficient briefing, hear the view of market-leading experts and get to ask your own questions. Attendance is free but registration is essential. Please book now to ensure your place.
09:00 Registration & Networking Breakfast
09:30 Research Update & Market Outlook
- Simon Parsons I Senior Manager I Scottish Enterprise/Scottish Development International
- Simon Etchells I Partner I Dentons I UK
- Rob Sim I Partner – Head of Northern Europe I Europa Capital I UK
- Carol MacBain | Director | Head of Investment Services | Reiach and Hall
- Olivier de Bisscop | Acquisitions | GLL Real Estate Partners
- John Rae | Partner and Office Head | Knight Frank | UK
- Marrit Laning | Managing Director | Fund Management Redevco | Netherlands
- Martin McKay | Executive Director of Regeneration | Clyde Gateway
9:45 Panel Discussion with Q&A
10:30 Coffee, Snacks & Networking
11:00 Event ends